Sonntag, 5. April 2009

In Delhi again at last

Yup, I am back in Delhi. Actually I have been here for 10 day now again. The town of course is not that nice to stay but the truth is that first of all here I am surrounded by lovely people in the Buddhist institute and near my practice and second I am slightly stuck for recovering and couldnt go anywhere if I wanted to. A week ago, Saturday evening I was meditating in front of the gigantic Buddha statue inside the gompa. I was alone in the large traditional room, sitting on the cussion. It was dark already, only a dim light casting a shadow on the statue and some candles burning. All the sudden the wind picked up, smashing the windows open and close from side to side, blowing wildely passed my face. The candles started flickering, dancing and soon thunder and lighthing was following the wind. The atmosphere was so strong, I loved it. Soon I heard the rain start. Not like rain I know it, but Monsoon like rain fall with the power of an angry goast smashing down onto the earth. I stepped out of the meditation hall to watch for a while and the young boy monks already had gathered in the court yard, enjoying a natural night shower. I loved the smell. Soon I realized it wasnt going to stop and to get to my room I had to run across as quickly as possible. Down the stairs and into the courtyard and then only I realized what a bad idea - running in the rain on marple. Thus moment I fell, legs up in the air and full onto my back. I blacked out for a moment in pain and then awoke to the monks faces, trying to get me up. I screamed with pain I have never felt before. Well, from there I ended up in the emergency room for xrays. Nothing broken they said, but honestly the picture is so milky that you cant even see any bones. The hospital is brand new and people were so nice, although I cant agree with nurses wearing flip flops on duty. In any case, what I was there for were pain killer and those I got plenty. The whole visit including medication and images cost me a full USD20. Thats right my friends, the cheapest health care you can ever imagine and any American can afford. And so now you know what I am doing here, resting and healing. And let me tell you, I have nothing better to do and no better place to be. In essence this incidence helped me stand still for a moment and go into a process of healing practice for myself. All is good for something, I tell you. If I can wear my backpack next week then Ill be off to Nepal for a few days. And I think I will. Much love and blessings to all of you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen